At Real Ideas, we believe that interesting people make interesting things happen and that young people have a unique ability to see things differently and approach challenges in a creative, innovative way. Young people across the South West are the leaders and change-makers of the future and we believe that with some connection and support they can make incredible things happen for themselves and their communities.
This fellowship opportunity is part of a wider programme of support offered by the Real Ideas Organisation, which includes:
- Access to our Connect sessions, where you can share ideas, have you voice heard on topics that you’re passionate about and enjoy a safe space with your peers.
- Our Opportunity Bank which is full of great local opportunities across the South West.
- The opportunity to get involved in paid commissions and opportunities.
- Access to support both before, during and after your application.
To be eligible for this opportunity you must:
- Be between the ages of 18 and 24.
- Live in the South West.
- Be able to show us that you have achieved something innovative and creative in the past.
Applications will open on Monday 3rd August 2020 and close at 9am on Monday 24th August 2020.
Please make sure your application includes:
- Equal Opportunities form needs to be completed and returned: Equal-Opportunities-Form- RI Fellowships (1)
- Your personal details (name, age, where you live)
- A bit about you! Why should you be awarded the fellowship opportunity?
- Something you are proud to have completed in the past.
- How your idea will benefit you? - How your idea will benefit your community?
- What are your hopes for after your fellowship? Will your project/research continue and how?
- What other support do you feel you may need from RIO whilst completing your fellowship?
How you will know if your project/research has been successful? Please provide a brief outline of what you will spend the money on:
- This could be on connecting with people doing similar things, transport, learning or materials that directly benefit your research/project.
Please make sure that your application is no more than 2 sides of A4, or any longer than a 5-minute video.
Please send your application form and the attached equal opportunities form to [email protected]
If your application is successful, we will notify you on Wednesday 26th August 2020. Your fellowship will begin in September 2020 and finish in November 2020.
These fellowship opportunities are supported by an Activate grant from the Winston Churchill Memorial Fund.