Real Ideas are seeking expressions of interest from local schools to engage with its latest Print in Action campaign at Ocean Studios, from September – December 2022.
This one-of-a-kind, new opportunity creates a platform for teachers to develop creative techniques in the printmaking realm. The overarching focus will be to learn new skills or even reignite printmaking ability, to grow creative confidence within the classroom and learning settings.
Mindfulness through creative practice is also a big part to play in this opportunity too, with the chance for teachers to have fun and engage with one another in a non-school setting, with a follow up community session in your school.
What is Print in Action?
Print in Action brings printmakers from Plymouth and beyond together, revealing incredible talent, and celebrating print in its inspiring forms.
Led by Real Ideas and the community of printmakers at Ocean Studios, Print in Action is a six-month programme, starting in April 2022, of workshops, masterclasses, talks and discussions, culminating in a three-day festival from 21st – 23rd October 2022.
Autumn Term – Package 1
– The opportunity will span from September – December 2022
– Each selected school will be a Print in Action Hub, a creative network of schools in the epicenter of Print in Action activity across the Southwest.
– Teachers, students and the community will feel empowered to embrace creative practice through printmaking
– Promoting mindfulness through creativity
– Skill and knowledge sharing from printmakers, teachers to students
– Work created during this experience will be showcased in December at Real Ideas venue(s).
Each school will have the opportunity to take part in each session below.
Session 1 :
– The first session will be at Ocean Studios, exploring printmaking in specialist printmaking facilities.
– Real Ideas will be partnering with Double Elephant Print Workshops to deliver this CPD workshop at Ocean Studios.
– There will be an emphasis on schools playing with existing materials found within the classroom plus introducing new inks and materials to incorporate into new creative learning.
– The facilitators will share handouts and resources for teachers to take-away and adopt in their own classrooms.
– This is a twilight activity to take place between 4pm – 6pm.
– There is availability for 1 person from each selected school to attend.
Session 2 :
– The second session will be a workshop held by local specialist printmakers in your school for the children.
– Schools can select which group(s) will be eligible for the session.
– Every child at primary level will be eligible for Arts Award for this opportunity.
– Students at secondary level will be able to get a Badge Nation Digital with this opportunity.
– Artwork created in this session will be shared across the Real Ideas campus, through our 360 Immersive Dome or at our arts culture and making hub, Ocean Studios.
– Leading from Session 2, there will be an after-school activity, for families and students to join and learn about printmaking between 4pm – 6pm.
– This is an opportunity for the children and staff to share what they have done and encourage parents/guardians to join in and get creative too.
– This opportunity is flexible for both primary and secondary level teachers. Over the course of the autumn term, we’ll be looking to deliver the activity at 8 schools in total.
– On this occasion we are looking for schools in Plymouth and the surrounding area, including Southeast Cornwall and Southwest Devon.
– Real Ideas have developed a ‘Print Borrow Box’ full of useful equipment and resources to continue your on your printmaking journey which can be added onto this package.
Package 1 : £130
Including the full outlined package as stated above.
Bolt On: Print Borrow Box – Price TBC
What’s the Process?
We invite you to tell us more about your school and why you would like to be part of the opportunity.
Please fill in this form and apply by the 10th July. Schools will be selected in the second week of July.