Are there social issues that you really care about? Is there something about where you live in Plymouth that you would love to change or do differently? If this is the case, then Youth Cooperative Action is for you!
Youth Cooperative Action is a programme based in Plymouth that will explore real social issues and the solutions to tackling them, through youth activism. Working cooperatively, we will discuss, and develop different ways we can create awareness, build activity, and design a response to an issue you collectively care about, where you live.
Run by The Co-operative College in partnership with Real Ideas Organisation and funded by the Co-op Foundation, the weekly sessions will take you through an introduction to social action, socially motivated business and Cooperatives, with the opportunity to meet and hear from inspiring local social entrepreneurs and activists doing this work.
- 13-week course for 16–20-year-olds
- Sessions will take place in person on Wednesdays from 4.30 – 6.30pm, starting Wednesday 15th September
- Sessions are free to attend and will be held at one of the Real Ideas Plymouth-based buildings
- Sessions will be delivered weekly – 2 hours per week, with development work in between.
- Alongside the programme there may be a range of other activities you could engage in including events; enterprise placements; Social Enterprise/youth networks and more
- The cohort will be limited to 15 people
What will you get out of it?
- Knowledge of current social issues and how other organisations, groups and individuals are responding to these
- A wider understanding and skills-base to develop your own responses to social issues you care about
- Insight into the socially motivated businesses and Coops at the forefront of social action and experience of social action taking place locally
- Inspiration and routes into future careers or projects
- Support from a leading social enterprise to develop ideas and potential pathways that link to your current studies or interests
- A Badge Nation Digital Badge from The Co-operative College to add to your CV and social media, demonstrating your achievement and the skills you’ve developed over the 13-weeks. Check out the badge!
How do I register?
To register for this cohort please follow the link below. You will then be contacted via email with details of how you confirm your sign-up. Further details will be sent to you nearer the start date.